St. Cloud firm has pattern of complaintsBurnsville, MN - September 21, 2012 -
The Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota (BBB) is issuing an alert on Premiere Electronics, a St. Cloud firm that sells electronic accessories, such as CB Radios and police scanners, via their website. The BBB has processed 34 complaints against the company in the last three years, and awarded them an "F" rating due to a pattern of complaints involving delivery and customer service issues.
The majority of complaints filed against the company allege delivery issues, with customers stating their merchandise never shipped or that there were issues with the item or items they received. Premiere Electronics has been largely responsive to complaints forwarded to them by the BBB, but has failed to address the root cause of those complaints. In some cases, the company responded by saying that orders had been canceled - with no money changing hands - due to items being on backorder. In other cases, the company resolved complaints by shipping merchandise or providing refunds.
However, six customer complaints have been closed as unanswered and three more have been closed as unresolved. Some consumers state the company was not responsive to inquiries regarding the status of their orders.
Recently, the BBB invited company representatives to discuss the pattern of complaints and ways underlying issues might be corrected. However, the company failed to respond.The BBB provides the following tips when shopping for electronics online:
- Investigate a company's background and complaint history at bbb.org.
- Do some comparison shopping to make sure you're getting the best deal.
- Read the company's return policies very closely. Visit other online forums to see what other customers have to say about the company's products and customer service.
- Consider paying with a credit card, as it will provide you with some protections should your merchandise not ship or if it arrives damaged. Protections when shopping with a debit card vary from institution to institution.
- Look for trust seals, such as the BBB Accredited Business Seal, and click on them to ensure they're legitimate.