Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Ethics
The Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Ethics (formally known as the Integrity Awards) recognizes companies who display an outstanding level of ethics and integrity in all of their business dealings. These companies generate a high level of trust among their employees, customers and their communities. This award is open to all for-profit businesses in Minnesota and North Dakota, who are in good standing with the BBB. Membership in the BBB is not required. How does it work?
A company must first be nominated for the award.
There are four available size categories based upon number of employees:
- Category I: 1 – 10 employees
- Category II: 11 – 50 employees
- Category III: 51 – 175 employees
- Category IV: 175+ employees
After a company is nominated, they are asked to complete a formal entry. The entry asks each company to demonstrate their commitment to ethics by addressing the following six categories:
- Leadership Commitment to Ethics
- Communications of Ethical Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical Practice
- Organizational Commitment to Performance Management Practices
- Organizational Commitment to Ethical Human Resource Practices
- Organizational Commitment to the Community
The Judging Process
Entries are then reviewed by an independent panel of judges. The judges determine the finalists and award recipients for each category. All companies are recognized at the Torch Awards ceremony and the winners are announced live at the event.Key Dates
Nomination Deadline: May 6, 2013
Workshops: June 4, 2013 (2-3 PM) and June 6, 2013 (9-10 AM)
Entry Deadline: July 16, 2013 by 3:00 PM
Award Ceremony: late October 2013Sponsorships
There are many opportunities for your business to get involved as a sponsor for the Torch Awards or Student of Integrity Scholarship. Contact us to learn more!
Questions? Contact BBB Event Coordinator, Mackenzie Kelley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-695-2482.